SD EX-Standard XXXG-01D2 Gundam Deathscythe Hell EW



My first completed gunpla kit! It was fully painted using Mission Models acrylics sprayed with my Badger Patriot 105 airbrush. I also did some hand-detailing using Testors enamels, i.e. the yellow on the head vulcan cannons, the white on the skirt, wrist guards, and knees, and some small pops of color on the scythe.  

I'm incredibly proud of the work I did here, which represents nine months of on-and-off attempts to learn the basics. In the end, I produced what I think is a pretty good-looking model, especially for a first-timer. More importantly, I learned an enormous amount through trial and error, and gained the skills necessary to move on to other kits. 

I want to thank Reddit user SushiBento, who did a fantastic full paint job on this same kit, and was kind enough to give me some pointers as I learned. 

Scroll down for more photos, or click here to view the shots documenting my building process. 








I had so many pieces leftover from re-buying the kit multiple times that I was able to build an entire spare figure, which I simply applied the included stickers to. This final photo therefore illustrates the difference between the out-of-the-box kit (left) alongside my fully painted version. 


Comments